Process of BRAINSTORMING Technology
Typically, the following steps are performed:
• a warm-up round to get inexperienced par/cipants used to the uncri/cal environment, with a
trial round for a simple problem
• the facilitator presents the problem and gives a further explana/on if necessary.
• the moderator asks the brainstorming group for their ideas. If there are no ideas, the
facilitator suggests a sugges/on to encourage crea/vity.
• one or more nominated persons record the ideas in real /me - in the words of the person
presen/ng the idea (to avoid filtering).
• all par/cipants present their ideas and the idea collectors record them
• For clarity, par/cipants can explain their ideas.
• when the /me is up, everyone takes a break (at least 15 minutes)
• the moderator organizes the ideas based on the topic goal and encourages discussion.
• ideas are grouped and categorized.
• the en/re list is reviewed to ensure that everyone understands the ideas.
• duplicate ideas and obviously imprac/cable solu/ons are removed (or parked for use in
• the remaining ideas are considered and built where possible.
• the group works through the remaining ideas and priori/ses possible solu/ons for
• the moderator thanks all par/cipants and gives a sign of apprecia/on.